[tor-talk] [S_ _ _] Please vote for Torservers so we get 1000 Euro

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Oct 6 12:28:13 UTC 2011

On 10/6/2011 6:26 AM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am afraid we are slowly but steadly running out of funds so I am now
> taking desperate measures. ;-)...
>
> Vote here if you are okay with it:
> https://verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/01099/zwiebelfreunde-ev
>
> We will use the donation to fund our Tor exits, obviously :-)
I REALLY don't know the exact, correct protocol for Tor Project
personnel / volunteers on something like this - * just * asking.  Trying
to educate myself a bit (& perhaps others).

This is a very worth cause - I would have no problem voting.  But in the
tradition of Tor security & in light of all recent discussions about
faked SSL certificates, shouldn't you have included your public key,
esp. when asking reader to follow a link from email - concerning such a
topic?

It was marked spam by my provider (I removed from subject).  I'm fairly
sure it is really you, Moritz, (though no way to tell) but it is an
unsolicited / unexpected link through email.

Thanks.