[tor-talk] copying old profile to new Aurora not working

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Nov 29 19:38:20 UTC 2011

I upgraded to latest TBB 2.2.34-3 in Vista.  I usually copy my profile
from previous version of TBB / Aurora into new version, so as not to
have to redo some custom settings or reinstall a few extensions I have
in TBB.

This time, after copying the profile from older TBB & replacing the
default profile in 2.2.34-3 (in path E:\Temp\Tor Browser\TBB
2.2.34-3\Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile), none of the
extensions show up as installed when launching TBB.  Copying was done w/
all TBB versions closed.  I've never had a problem before copying or
restoring a previous profile into a newer version of Aurora (or
Firefox), where all the extensions didn't even show up in the Addons Mgr
of new version.

But the extensions that don't show as installed in latest TBB Addons Mgr
- when it starts, ARE listed in the proper place in Explorer - as in the
previous TBB version.  So, the extensions ARE in the profile\extensions
folder, they just aren't showing up in Addons Mgr / Extensions in TBB
2.2.34-3.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.