[tor-talk] Can I configure the port which applications use to connect tor?

pahnin sd pahninsd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 09:12:42 UTC 2011

     I use some applications which I want to run behind tor,
     earlier I used to connect my applications with proxy settings
        host: 127.0.0.1
        port:9050,
     but in the updated version of tor with vidalia bundle 2.2.34,
     the port seems to be random for every session,

     when ever I restarts the vidalia control panel the tor starts up
with a new port,
     so either I have to change the settings every time or I should
not close tor.

     Is there an option to control this port number?
     i.e I want it to be static. Is it possible?

     Regards
     Phanindra