[tor-talk] What happen if one create 2000 exit nodes for 6 hours?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Nov 21 20:35:06 UTC 2011

I've talked to the NoiseTor people and they told me they were inspired
by Torservers, which is wonderful. I always hope[d] that by documenting
everything and encouraging people to start similar organizations, we can
get eventually generate more distribution than before (when Blutmagie
saw a large portion of exit traffic). Also, we made sure that our
statute allows redirection of funds to similar organizations. The
problem our (non-tax) lawyer sees is that we might not be able to hold
the charitable status if we redirect funds to non-charitable
organizations, especially since our charitable status is temporary (the
default for applying non-profits in the first years in Germany).

That said, unless we find new funding sources, we will soon become a lot
smaller again. :-) The $10k from Access are (well) spent.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/