[tor-talk] Aurora tab loading status

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Nov 15 23:01:48 UTC 2011

Since Firefox took any meaningful tab / page loading progress bar or
indicator of any kind out, several versions ago, I rely on addons in
Firefox to give some indication of how fast & how much is left to load.
If a page is slow / hung, I just cancel.  Can't tell that in stock Aurora.

Swirling dots don't tell anything.  Does anyone else use addon like Tab
Mix Plus (that has tab loading progress options), or Status-4-Evar, etc?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

There's so much about Firefox & thus Aurora, that is almost a necessity,
IMO - esp. if using slower Tor network.  Not just tab progress bars.

On one hand, I don't want to load up Aurora w/ all kinds of addons that
may interfere w/ Aurora's primary function.  On the other, unless just
going to one or 2 sites & staying there, using stock Aurora is
irritating at best, when comes to knowing how page loading is progressing.

Thanks.