[tor-talk] Tor in Mexico

David H. Lipman DLipman at Verizon.Net
Sat Nov 12 21:24:14 UTC 2011

From: "Mondior Folimun" <mfolimun at elitemail.org>

> On Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:30 PM, "Matej Kovacic"
> <matej.kovacic at owca.info> wrote:
>
>> "Gangsters killed and beheaded an Internet blogger Wednesday in
>> Nuevo Laredo, the fourth slaying in the city involving people
>> associated with social media sites since early September. .. The
>> victim, identified on social networking sites only by his nickname -
>> Rascatripas or Belly Scratcher - reportedly helped moderate a site
>> called En Vivo that posted news of shootouts and other activities of
>> the Zetas, the narcotics and extortion gang that all but controls
>> the city."
>
> Possibly not. The man they killed might actually have no relation to the
> note they left on him.
>
> http://boingboing.net/2011/11/10/report-no-proof-man-kille.html
> http://boingboing.net/2011/11/10/nuevo-laredo-online-news-murd.html
>
>> The site mentioned (http://www.nuevolaredoenvivo.es.tl/) is promoting
>> Tor use. It seems the victim used Tor, but the gangsters were able to
>> identify and kill him anyway...
>
> If you're a ruthless ex-military organized crime outfit that has decided
> to wage a war of intimidation on the populace, you don't need to let
> silly things like "evidence" or "the truth" stop you from killing random
> people to leave corpses with notes on them around town.
>
> To be on the safe side, someone who speaks Spanish should create a fake
> email account and make sure these people know about Tor Bridges. If the
> Zetas are as reckless as they seem, it might not be too long before any
> Tor user who directly accesses the Tor network from the area is in
> danger, regardless of what they use Tor for.
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges
>
> But of course, the Zetas could also just continue killing complete
> randoms, too... Certainly requires less effort on their end.
>

> P.S. It continues to sadden and amaze me that the moral crusade against
> drugs can be allowed to claim so much life before people admit to
> themselves it is a fake war not worth fighting. As has been
> demonstrated time and time again, artificial supply reduction just
> creates violence, corruption, and even terrorism. How many times do
> we humans have to learn this fact? How many of ourselves must we
> sacrifice on the alter of Moral Temperance? If there is a god, it
> is certainly no more amused by the activity of either side than by
> sun sacrifices or witch burnings..

Absolutely with billions of of taxpayer money wasted.

and add...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/07/anonymous_opcartel/

"On-again-off-again plans by the Anonymous collective to publish details of the infamous
Zetas drug cartel and their associates were finally cancelled over the weekend, following
the supposed release of a kidnapped member of the hacktivist collective."

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp