[tor-talk] "You are using Tor, but your browser profile differs from the recommended, `Tor Browser Bundle` default profile."

James Brown jbrownfirst at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:54:15 UTC 2011

On 11.11.2011 20:08, Georg Koppen wrote:
>> Very thanks for those information. But what about "signature"? What
>> means that parameter and how does it computes?
>
> If you hover over the link, e.g. in the rating column you see how it is
> composed: headers you sent AND the order of them are collected and
> hashed. BTW: I just downloaded the latest Linux bundle I could find and
> the test values seem quite fine (the Cache field should not be red but
> that is an issue we still need to fix). The Torbrowser signature should
> be aadd98ca8e50a5e29de9fe4b819197d1.

I have another. An it is same for all TBB starting on my physic machine
and in virtual machine.
And for Russian-languaged version of TBB your test tell that it is wrong
(and advice your value), for en-US-languaged verion your test tell that
it is good, but recommend your value.
How can I improve that value?
Maybe your test works with the latest version of TBB, 2.2.34-2? When I
posted my message, it wasn't be released yet.

>> As I suppose it is a hash of some data which browser send to server, and
>> it must be the same on each TBB in the World, am I right?
>
> Yes, it should.
>
>> In the American version of the TBB it the same as in Russian but your
>> test indicate that in Russian version is wrong and that in in American
>> version is rights.
>
> I am not sure what you mean but in the header signature are not all
> headers included you send just the amount that is needed to distinguish
> different browsers. Thus, you can have the same header signature but
> still do not send the same headers.
>

> Georg

The TBB provides in some national languaged versions:
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
Whether each of them send the same headers?
As we see above, we have a problem at least with a charset.
But in en-Us version charsets send OK, but I have the same signature
with Rus version.