[tor-talk] Firefox 8 bundles delayed

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Thu Nov 10 22:52:15 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that the Firefox 8 bundles are delayed because the
change in the way add-ons are managed[1] means that with a fresh, unused
profile (as is the case with TBB), the extensions we ship are disabled by
default. That means Torbutton is disabled by default and no prompt appears to
ask you if you want to keep all of your extensions. When Torbutton is disabled,
it just looks like you can't connect to the internet/Tor because the browser
message is "The proxy server is refusing connections".

We're talking to developers at Mozilla right now to sort this out and I will
have the update out as soon as possible. Very, very sorry for the delay!

Erinn

[1] http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2011/08/11/strengthening-user-control-of-add-ons/