[tor-talk] Tor no longer works with win2K ??

Anon Mus my.green.lantern at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:26:33 UTC 2011

andrew at torproject.org wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:39:38AM +0000, my.green.lantern at googlemail.com wrote 2.0K bytes in 50 lines about:
> : Nov 10 10:17:10.093 [Warning] Warning from libevent: evsig_init:
> : socketpair: Cannot assign requested address [WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL ]
>
> Do you have antivirus or a firewall blocking localhost or 127.0.0.1 ?

I think my previous response covers this.

I quote,

"Actually, I've now found out that the problem is not this warning, but
is the ERROR part only.

the..

Nov 10 10:17:10.093 [Error] Error from libevent: event.c:1413: Assertion
base failed in event_base_get_method

part.

The warnings ALL go away when I correct the localnet address of the
hidden service. Only the above error line  is then given.  (CHANGES MADE
FOR CLARITY)

So this is still a problem, the libvent event failure c:1413.

So is Tor supporting win2k still or not and is there a fix or work
around to this problem?"

Can I get a reply from someone on the tor dev team about this ERROR
(warning messages are solved) and whether or not Win2k is being
supported now or not?