[tor-talk] Tor and AES-NI acceleration , and Tor profiling

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Wed Nov 9 14:12:33 UTC 2011

On 09.11.2011 05:47, coderman wrote:
>> Looking at those profiles, I'm not seeing zlib dominating anything,
>> and the public key functions seem to score pretty low too.  What am I
>> missing there?  This isn't what I'm used to running into in other
>> profiles.
> apologies, this is a general statement of my previous profiling which
> assumed dir port enabled, hs dir, and exit status.
> the profile attached looks more like a non-exit, no dir port, no hsdir
> setup. (entry/middle only?)

Excerpts from the configs:

ORPort 443
DirPort 80
HardwareAccel 1
AccelName     aesni
CellStatistics 1
DirReqStatistics 1
EntryStatistics 1
ExitPortStatistics 1
ExtraInfoStatistics 1
HidServDirectoryV2 1
RefuseUnknownExits 1
ExitPolicy reject *:25, accept *:*

https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=055D304E29CF064A8CB8AB2C13AEDB836BB79AF5
https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=6586CEE14353DD1E6FAF3F172A23B00119A67C57
https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=6f383c2629471e1ae7da053d04625aaed69844cc
https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=DA29C7BD34640D749392DFA7919AB1E9AEADC311

Bandwidth seems to have stagnated at ~215 Mbps for now. Not sure why,
but I would guess it will improve when the nodes get Guard and Stable
flags. http://axigy1.torservers.net/vnstat.png

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/