[tor-talk] Tor + GPass

Albert Clifton cage acliftoncage at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:05:41 UTC 2011

Dear Friends:

As an ongoing experiment with anonymiser tools I’m using Opera Tor and
GPass (v. 3.1)  with Tor or Skype tunnels. I use Peerblock too.

I use Opera Tor with Java scripts habilitated. The supposition is if the
real IP is “leaked” by Java applications, Gpass will tunnel the leak and
the IP will continue anonymous. Any other leak will be blocked by Peer
block (with a list of IP numbers that are in use on Opera).

Are these assumptions correct?

Note that Gpass has only one exit node (ISP: Hurricane Electric
reliable?

According with the The World’s Gate, Inc:

“GPass integrates online security tools, encrypted storage, and personal
data management tools into a single application and aims to be the best
online companion for users under adverse Internet censorship conditions.
Compared with traditional privacy and anti-censorship products, GPass's
advantages include capabilities to support Web 2.0 websites, online
multimedia, and communication tools such as email and instant messengers.
More importantly, GPass effectively protects users’ privacy and online
safety with a secure Internet access mechanism for their online
transactions.”  And

“Enterprise Solution -  Provide custom systems for organizations that need
to deliver contents to users in closed societies where the Internet is
adversely censored. Our server and client software will bypass various
organizational or national network censorship and provide secure anonymous
Internet surfing.”

The software has Chinese and Farsi versions.
Clifton