[tor-talk] BlackBeltPrivacy-Tor+WASTE darkNet()

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sun Nov 6 19:26:49 UTC 2011

On 11/06/2011 07:26 AM, M Robinson wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackbeltpriv/
>
> Is anyone using this, it sounds interesting.

I feel inspired to make a short Dr. Bronner's soap bottle parody about
anonymity after reading that website:

NOW UPDATED. ALL ONE ANONYMITY DARKNET WITH ROUND THE CLOCK
COMPUTABILITY WITH ALL BROWSERS THANKS TO KNOWN DEPRECATED HTTP PROXY.
TRUE {FRACTCAL,RABID}CURVE, HOTBAKE, DARKBIOS, DARKRENDEZVOUS. NOW
UPDATED. POWERED BY ONE TRUE ANONYMITY NETWORK Tor STRENGTHENED THROUGH
YOUR SOLIDARITY FOR BOOTSTRAPPING WASTE CONTROLS MEANS OF PRODUCTION.

Ahem. I cannot take this seriously at all when they don't even sign
their releases with PGP. Oh and the software itself it pretty
hilariously scary - I'd love to read some design documents on those
"improvements" they made.

I think it's a neat idea to Torify a WASTE implementation but that
sounds mostly like auditing work - Is there even a WASTE client that is
still maintained?

Yours in hilarity,
Jacob