[tor-talk] New Browser Bundle

Achter Lieber zzretro999 at email2me.net
Thu Nov 3 05:30:00 UTC 2011

Hullo.
 noticed that the new, very latest browser bundle for windows
 has Java Script enabled, cookies enabled and NoScript
 changed settings back to "enable globally" considered "dangerous"!

 Any reason for this? Even after I unchecked "enable globally" I started to surf
 and then noticed a different icon on the top of the window of Aurora where it
 now shows an icon for 'Tor enabled" and 'NoScript'.

 When I went back into NoScript Preferences, that's when I found "enable globally" - dangerous -
 checked again||||||||//////////??????................*#@%^&] flat on my face_________________ (..)

 I guess I really don't understand this NoScript. It shows one icon that supposedly "protects me",
 but that icon is nowhere to be found in the preferences panel/window. Why not? It has always
 seemed very confusing and misleading to me and why it changes settings that I haven't changed
 I do not know. I am not tech savvy, computer gravy or hair wavy. But now I must learn.

 A little help please on how or where to go, to understand NoScript. Maybe I would be better off
 just disabling it altogether? Hmmmm?

 Again though, aren't Java Script and cookies supposed to be disabled for Tor to work at its best
 in creating anonymity? I don't know how to tweak it like you'all do and I stopped doing substances
 many years ago. You know? Not playing 'hide 'n go tweak' any longer.

 Takes 3 months for a book on Terminal to reach me and there's still a month and a half to go!

 Tanks! Advance! In!