[tor-talk] Don't use Google as default search in Tor Browser?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Nov 2 16:06:03 UTC 2011

On 11/1/2011 8:23 PM, Advrk Aplmkt wrote:
> Thanks Joe for the info.
> Yes, I *do* know how to remove search engines, including the method you described.
> However, I was suggesting that Google (and probably some of the other defaults) be not in the TBB to begin with, or at least not the default.
> I believe this would make TBB more consistent in providing a private browsing experience.
I agree, Advrk. I hinted at the same in my reply. I wonder if this would
violate some Mozilla agreement, since they get a large amt of $ from
Google from including Google search as default search engine? (No such
thing as a free lunch).

Wasn't indicating any presence or lack of ability on your part to del
search engines, just providing general info for anyone that might be
interested. No need to indicate being personally offended by the bolded
text. Most are here to offer helpful suggestions that may help many -
not just OP, not to offend people.

Cheers,