[tor-talk] Don't use Google as default search in Tor Browser?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Nov 1 20:11:52 UTC 2011

On 11/1/2011 10:49 AM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:13:44 Joe Btfsplk wrote:
>> *** BUT, on a 2nd SEARCH, w/ Google still selected as search engine, TBB
>> does NOT show the screen, asking if you'd like to redirect to another
>> search engine.
> You told torbutton you didn't want to redirect, so it doesn't for the rest of
> the session.
No, I didn't.  I told it * TO * redirect (which it did), I just didn't
click the "make it permanent" box.  By my thinking, the only way that
notice should NOT have appeared again, during same session, is if I DID
check the "make it permanent" box.  Then it would automatically redirect
each time.

I told it to redirect once, w/o checking the make it permanent box.  The
next search thru Google, no pop up asking to redirect or not.

>> Looking at included search plugins in TBB 2.2.34, search plugins
>> included by default are Amazon, Ebay, Bing, Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo.
> It's the stock set of plugins that ship with Firefox.
That's what I said.