[tor-talk] problem with facebook account

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sun May 29 23:12:42 UTC 2011

On 5/29/2011 5:38 PM, Zaher F. wrote:
> can somebody help me about blocking accounts on facebook when i am
> using tor???
>

> i guess that should be a code country i can retrieve my account
> without using phone number
>

> am i right or what???
I don't have a facebook acct, so not positive.  Often, pages won't let
you log into acct if your Tor exit node is coming from a diff country
than one you signed up with.

Some have success by using the ExitNodes command in Vidalia torrc file &
using the same country code as when acct was created.  If want to be
sure it only uses exit node from the country specified, use the
StrictExitNodes 1 command after the ExitNodes.  See the "manual" link on
Tor projects documentation page.