[tor-talk] drops from the consensus

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun May 29 19:26:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 09:15:33PM +0200, Olaf Selke wrote:
> the last three weeks I noticed blutmagie as well as torserver.net
> routers sporadically being dropped from the consensus. The routers have
> perfect uptimes and IP connectivity doesn't seem to be a problem.
>
> Any idea what's going wrong with the consensus?

Yes, actually.

See recent comments on

An upcoming 0.2.2.x and 0.2.3.x release will include this changelog entry:

  o Major bugfixes:
    - Don't decide to make a new descriptor when receiving a HUP signal.
      This bug has caused a lot of relays to disappear from the consensus
      periodically. Fixes the most common case of triggering bug 1810;
      bugfix on 0.2.2.7-alpha.

At least, I hope that's the issue. :)

--Roger