[tor-talk] passive analysis of encrypted traffic and traffic obfuscation

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue May 17 15:09:33 UTC 2011

On 5/17/11 11:12 AM, vecna wrote:
> Hi tor guys,
>
> encrypted traffic analysis is an analysis apply to an encrypted session
> in order not to disclose the protected data, but to detect the protocol
> protected.
COOL!!!!

> 1) try a blocked TOR version in IRAN, to verify if the session is
> protected from the anti-TOR tech

That's what i asked some time ago to try your sniffjoke:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2011-March/019877.html

Some volunteer proporsed to provide a port-forwarding to exit from Iran,
but we would need 'raw socket' access to a linux machine to verify how
effectively sniffjoke bypass the Iranian Deep Packet Inspection Systems.

-naif