[tor-talk] Logging in to Yahoo e-mail accounts now failing???

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 14 14:03:40 UTC 2011

Yahoo seems to be changing their e-mail log in security features so that
I now get a message that I have an incorrect user name/ password
combination on a screen that has a captcha.  Trying again with the
captcha also fails.  Turning off Tor with Torbutton (in Firefox 4.0.1)
allows logging in to Yahoo.

Interestingly, I have Thunderbird configured to access that same e-mail
account through Foxyproxy accessing localhost:8118, which should be
routing that traffic through Vidalia/Tor.  This still works.

Is anyone else having issues?
AT&T refuses to help me, of course, because they know nothing about Tor.
Does anyone have a suggestion about what to try next?

Thank you.

David Carlson