[tor-talk] Source code modifying for testing

NGUYEN Quoc Viet quocviet.pfiev at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:11:07 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm now researching an attack against Tor.

*Resume of Attack*: We control exit node and entry node. Upon receiving a
RELAY BEGIN cell,the exit node will forger  a malicious webpage to client.
The webpage contains some empty gif files. The entry node will be able to
detect a distinctive pattern of the connection to that malicious webpage,
basing on number of relay cells backward and forward.

For more details, the paper is here: http://bit.ly/mnwsDo ( from
sciencedirect.com)

For implementation, it's needed to modify a piece of Tor source code at the
exit node, to forger a malicious webpage to client. Notice that this is not
modifying webpage response from the server, but forger attacker's webpage to
the client. Could some one please give a hint about where I need to modify.

Thank you.

Regards.

--
Nguyen Quoc Viet