[tor-talk] anonymous surveys via Tor?

kuhkatz kuhkatz at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 08:22:26 UTC 2011

Am 04.05.2011 00:47, schrieb Joseph Lorenzo Hall:
> Hi, is anyone aware of a project to do anonymous surveying using Tor?
> That is, guarantee survey respondent anonymity using anonymization
> tools like Tor? Obviously, one could just instruct participants to use
> Torbrowser to fill out a survey form, and reject non-Tor connections
> (rejecting IP connections not on the Directory consensus). I was
> wondering if there want something more Clever of a solution out there.
> Of course, you'd have to be careful how you recruit/sample to get good
> results, but I haven't thought that far. ::) best, Joe

you could just put the survey on a .onion-site to ensure only tor-users
can vote.
maybe you would still consider blocking the tor2web-proxies.

but you would save the hassle from ensuring you tornode-list is always
updated.
which also has timeframes between node-goes-up and node-is-listed. just
minutes,
but pushing people with no experience through getting and using tor the
first time
and then rejecting them "for no reason" might be somewhat suboptimal.