[tor-talk] how to install torrent tor

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Mar 21 04:07:47 UTC 2011

Hi Zaher,

On 20.03.2011 22:43, Zaher F. wrote:
> i have downloaded this one ...so now what next???
> or should i go to bit torrent and link it to tor and start it????

You should be able to download and install Tor from the regular
Torproject website [1]. If you can, you do not need the torrents from
our website at all.

If you cannot connect to torproject.org because it is blocked, you
should be able to connect to one if the mirrors and download from there [2].

As last resort, you can use a Bittorrent client such as uTorrent
(Windows) or rtorrent (Linux, Mac) to make use our torrent files for
decentralized downloading of the Tor software. [3]

We should have a better explanations in our wiki. As with torproject.org
and its wiki, it is a public project. Feel free to add.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/

[1] https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en