[tor-talk] Facebook Blocking Tor

Jim Jimmymac at copper.net
Tue Mar 15 09:31:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am just putting this out there as information that might be useful to
somebody.  I still have to decide how badly I want to view a particular
Facebook page and whether I am willing to "drop my shields" to do so.
This could just be a case of somebody having used Tor to do something
"abusive" or, considering the curiously worded message, maybe it is
something else.  The message I got when I tried to access a Facebook
page follows:

"You are trying to access Facebook from an IP (Internet Protocol)
address that has been associated with a misconfigured ISP (Internet
Service Provider), abusive behavior, or is otherwise not able to access
Facebook. You may request to have this block lifted from Facebook by
contacting us below."

Jim