[tor-talk] How does Tor REALLY work?

casey dunham casey.dunham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:27:20 UTC 2011

Right, so the methodology used in keeping the code doc updated is important.

Also, it wouldn't have to be a tome to start with. I think it would be
handy just to describe some of the high level functionality like you
just did earlier. So when someone wants to get started with looking at
the code they can at least get a high level overview of where things
live and how they interact.

Keeping in mind that nothing is ever going to replace just rolling up
your sleeves and diving in, but at least you wouldn't have to dive in
blindfolded. In my experience every code base has a lot of code that
while important, most people don't really need to look at or touch to
be productive.