No subject

Tue Mar 1 03:45:00 UTC 2011

post.  This is probably a better conversation to be had off-list.

As for your second point, we disagree.  As a volunteer service provider, I
shouldn't be liable for what content passes through my service.  In my
own experience of running Tor exit nodes, this has been the case.
Spending a few hours with local law enforcement explaining Tor and why
my IP showed up in their case is worth the cost of providing online
anonymity to me.

We're working to reduce the "cost of Tor", which is these few hours, by
talking to law enforcement around the world as much as possible.  Many
of these people realize the value of Tor in their own roles.  As Roger
and Nick said in their paper a few years ago, anonymity loves company.

--
Andrew