[tor-talk] Good email services?

JW jw at securenym.net
Fri Jun 17 01:52:34 UTC 2011

andre76 at fastmail.fm wrote:
> I don't trust anything related to Google...or Yahoo.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good (anonymous, secure and not in based in the
> US) email service, it doesn't have to be fancy?

I like both Securenym and also Countermail.
http://www.securenym.net/

https://countermail.com/

Countermail is based in Sweden.
Both services, however, are subscription based.
Each has their own set of advantages.
Countermail is very good.

For free services, I've always liked Privatdemail.
http://privatdemail.net
http://privatdemail.net/en/faq.html

Clearly, these guys seem to be on Our Team.

I do not know whether or not they are affiliated with the German
Privacy Foundation, but they are strong philosophical
opponents of data retention.

Their data storage is encrypted. I believe their servers are in Egypt.

They use SSL on Port 995.

No web mail.

Yes, the one downside, is that they will require a registration email.
That was no problem for me, as I maintain several anonymous accounts.

I think they're definitely worth checking out.