[tor-talk] WebbasedOS hidden service

Christian Hapke hapke84 at hapke.com
Mon Jun 6 21:29:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

in my opinion it's a very good idea (even if this response comes with
several weeks delay) - but I'm not sure whether the available software
will do the job. I try to explain my concerns:

 > People should be able to create encrypted containers
 > It's of course of major importance that users should
 > not be able to see activity of others, nor that I as
 > administrator could see that
... These requirements seam to be very important but they would imply
that the apps (office, email and chat) are running completely in the
users browser and do all the work, inclusive data encryption/decryption,
and the server only provides the apps code and stores the encrypted data
files.

I.e. we actually talk about apps that are completely different than
normal web apps. Instead, such apps work similar to classic rich client
apps, only the app code and the data are provided by the server via
http. To let such apps run in a browser, the apps must be probably run
on JavaScript, Flash or Java Applets/Java Web Start. And the apps must
encrypt/decrypt all data exchanged with the server. Do such (open
source) apps for office, email and chat already exist? Or are there
projects out there that work on such apps?

Best regards

Christian
https://silvertunnel.org