[tor-talk] Hotmail with Tor

William Wrightman williamwrightman at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 09:39:47 UTC 2011

--- On Fri, 7/15/11, kelemenopy at aim.com <kelemenopy at aim.com> wrote:

From: kelemenopy at aim.com <kelemenopy at aim.com>
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Hotmail with Tor
To: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org
Date: Friday, July 15, 2011, 3:48 AM

In my experience, Hotmail simply stopped working with Tor (and the Tor browser) about a month ago. I can view mailboxes, but can't open messages. Not long afterwards, Hotmail also stopped working with Outlook. Presumably the cause is some change to Hotmail. Any thoughts on a work-around?

This is precisely my problem.  I can view the inbox but cannot open any messages whatsoever.

I also wonder if there is a work-around.  Hotmail is a popular service so I would hope that it can be used with Tor.  Also, if the creators of Hotmail have done something so that Tor does not work, surely this means that the same could happen with other sites?