[tor-talk] Accepting Java

JW jw at securenym.net
Tue Jul 12 17:52:05 UTC 2011

Max wrote:
> On 2011-07-12 00:09, JW wrote:
> > Max wrote:
> >> with

> >> Ah, ok. I will contact them as I've been asking questions and they
> >> respond quickly. Now it's always great with competition and other
> >> than AnonymousSpeech I haven't find any other decent anonymous
> >> e-mail domains. Could you or anyone as well recommend some other
> >> that works well with tor? I like both, I guess AS is preferred via
> >> TOR because it doesn't use Java.
> >>
> > Actually, one CAN use Countermail in an email client such as
> > Thunderbird , with the appropriate settings, and  with Tor. I just
> > set that up. No real need to access Countermail through a browser.

> Is there something specific I need to do to make Thunderbirds'
> connections go through TOR?

I wish I could be of more assistance here.

I use JanusVPN. As a VPN it routes all TCP traffic on my machine through
Tor. Thus, I don't need any special settings in Thunderbird to proxy
Countermail through Tor. I use the standard Countermail server
settings. I did not have to change them.

Perhaps a note to the Countermail Team would help. I'm sure they
can help with the recommended settings.

Sorry I could not be of more help.