[tor-talk] Is it possible to use Tor and Web-based Messenging Services?

William Wrightman williamwrightman at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 15:32:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

A Scroogle search for "messenging online" reveals quite a few services.  However, my experience has been that such services do not work properly with Tor.  I'm not sure why but either I cannot complete the login process or my "buddies" do not appear or suchlike.

All I am trying to do is to login with a Hotmail or Yahoo address then add people, chat, etc.

I realize that I can download Pidgin and suchlike and use them with Tor but (for now at least) I would like to see if I can get web-based chat to work.

If anyone has had positive experiences with any web-based chat / messengering services combined with Tor then please let me know.

Thanks,

William