Index of hidden services?

Nils Vogels bacardicoke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:23:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 20:22, Peter McCann
<mccap at freeovernetfoundation.org> wrote:

> If not, what do people think about setting up such an index?
> It seems like it might be very useful for those operators of
> hidden services that want to expose them to a wider audience
> than just the people they give the .onion name to.  Being able
> to browse or search the hidden services might also be useful.

As long as the hidden services are manually added, i can see where
it's a good idea. The second some kind of automation starts kicking
in, scanning for hidden services, I think this is a Bad Idea.

Hidden services are called hidden for a reason: You need to look to
find them. And that is one of the features that is key here, IMHO.

Greets!