"Cookie Mismatch" when using Gmail.

Matthew pumpkin at cotse.net
Wed Jan 5 07:24:06 UTC 2011

  Hello,

Here is what happens:

I login to Gmail as normal.  I go to Settings / Accounts and Import /
Change Account Settings - Google Account Settings.  When I click on that
link the URL changes to https://www.google.com/accounts/CookieMismatch and
the screen shows.

We've detected a problem with your cookie settings.

Enable cookies
Make sure your cookies are enabled. To enable cookies, follow these
browser-specific instructions
<http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=35851&hl=en>.

Clear cache and cookies
If you have cookies enabled but are still having trouble, clear your
browser's cache and cookies
<http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050>.

Adjust your privacy settings
If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't resolve the problem, try
adjusting your browser's privacy settings. If your settings are on high,
manually add *www.google.com* to your list of allowed sites. Learn more
<http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=39612>

I am using TorButton and NoScript and Gmail and Gstatic are considered
"trusted".  JS is on.  Cookies are on.  I can see them in Firefox Privacy
settings.  I have deleted the cache, deleted cookies, rebooted Firefox,
etc, but I cannot enter the Google Account Settings link.  All other parts
of Gmail work fine.

Without using the Vidalia bundle I can login to the Account Settings with
no problems.

Does someone know how to deal with this cookie issue?

Thanks.