Polipo bug reporting

Geoff Down geoffdown at fastmail.net
Mon Jan 31 12:20:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:09 +0100, "Juliusz Chroboczek"
<Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> >> ( I saw http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Jan-2011/msg00161.html but it
> >> doesn't specify where the new bugtracker is).
>
> > We do not know of any new bug tracker for Polipo.  If you have a bug
> > report for Polipo itself, report it to the polipo-users mailing list
> > (see <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/polipo-users>).
>
> Please note that Polipo is very short on manpower -- there's only me
> working on it in my copious free time, and it's my nth project, for some
> large value of n.  As Robert mentioned, you're welcome to report your
> bug on the Polipo mailing list, but please don't expect a timely fix.
>
> --Juliusz

 Thank you Juliusz, I appreciate your efforts.
Clearly Tor needs to ship with a working Polipo, so if this is a real
fault would the bundle developers please revert to the version which was
in the Vidalia 0.2.9 bundle, which is still working.
Conversely, if this is some misconfiguration on my part, can someone
please explain the error message and what I should change:

"Host Name:      localserver
Date/Time:      2011-01-30 22:39:04 +0000
OS Version:     10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
Report Version: 2

Command: Vidalia

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Applications/Vidalia.app/Contents/MacOS/Vidalia Undefined
symbols:
/Applications/Vidalia.app/Contents/MacOS/Vidalia undefined reference to
___stderrp expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
"

                          wherever you are