Tor 0.2.2.22-alpha is out
arma at mit.edu
Sun Jan 30 07:00:26 UTC 2011
Tor 0.2.2.22-alpha fixes a few more less-critical security issues. The
main other change is a slight tweak to Tor's TLS handshake that makes
relays and bridges that run this new version reachable from Iran again.
We don't expect this tweak will win the arms race long-term, but it will
buy us a bit more time until we roll out a better solution.
Anybody running a relay or bridge who wants it to work for Iran should
Changes in version 0.2.2.22-alpha - 2011-01-25
o Major bugfixes:
- Fix a bounds-checking error that could allow an attacker to
remotely crash a directory authority. Bugfix on 0.2.1.5-alpha.
Found by "piebeer".
- Don't assert when changing from bridge to relay or vice versa
via the controller. The assert happened because we didn't properly
initialize our keys in this case. Bugfix on 0.2.2.18-alpha; fixes
bug 2433. Reported by bastik.
o Minor features:
- Adjust our TLS Diffie-Hellman parameters to match those used by
- Provide a log message stating which geoip file we're parsing
instead of just stating that we're parsing the geoip file.
Implements ticket 2432.
o Minor bugfixes:
- Check for and reject overly long directory certificates and
directory tokens before they have a chance to hit any assertions.
Bugfix on 0.2.1.28 / 0.2.2.20-alpha. Found by "doorss".
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk