Announce: The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System 0.6.2
anonym at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 21 14:58:40 UTC 2011
The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System, version 0.6.2, is out.
This is a bugfix-only release mainly aimed at fixing serious security
issues in bundled software. All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
What is it?
T(A)ILS is a Live system aimed at preserving your privacy and
- all outgoing connections to the Internet are forced to go through
the Tor network;
- no trace is left on local storage devices unless explicitly asked.
Get it, try it, share it!
Try it!  Any comments are most welcome. Please note you'll need to
install the CACert root certificate  into your web browser before
connecting to our web site... unless you use Debian.
- Tor 0.2.1.29: resolves a bug that probably allows remote code
execution; see the Tor project blog post  for details.
- Kernel bump to Debian squeeze's 2.6.32-30 (fixes several CVEs )
- Other software upgrades fix grave bugs, some of these with serious
- Upgrade Claws Mail to 3.7.6 (new backport).
- Install Liferea, tcpdump and tcpflow.
- Seahorse: use hkp:// transport as it does not support hkps://.
- FireGPG: use hkps:// to connect to the configured keyserver.
See the online Changelog  for more details.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-talk