The Skype begin refusing payments making on their site through the Tor

Praedor Atrebates praedor at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 13:02:40 UTC 2011

For something like skype or paying for ANYTHING via credit card/paypal or the like, your anonymity is lost upon making payment so having to pay online outside the tor network cannot be a privacy/anonymity violation.

I would never use tor to make privacy/anonymity breaking payments or enter anonymity breaking information - it totally negates the function or point of tor in the first place.  Basically, I'm not sure that being blocked from making a payment to a company over the tor network is really a problem at all.

Am I missing something?

On Tuesday, January 04, 2011 01:54:02 am you wrote:
> The Skype begin refusing payments making on their site through the Tor:
> I cannot make payments to them from my credit card about a half of month.
> Today I find in their FAQ that one of possible causes of that is "Using
> an anonymous proxy to access the internet". (Their technical support
> could not inform me about concret causes of that problem).
> It seems as a next step of attack of anonymity enemies against making
> payments with using the Tor.

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
– James Madison