geeez...

Mike Perry mikeperry at fscked.org
Wed Jan 12 10:30:04 UTC 2011

Thus spake Timo Schoeler (timo.schoeler at riscworks.net):

> > Some of us are also compiling abuse response templates. The goal for
> > abuse responses is to inform people about Tor, and to suggest
> > solutions for their security problems that involve improving their
> > computer security for the Internet at large (open wifi, open proxies,
> > botnets), rather than seeking vengeance and chasing ghosts. The
> > difference between these two approaches to abuse is the difference
> > between decentralized fault-tolerant Internet freedom, and fragile,
> > corruptible totalitarian control.
>
> Is there any place (e.g. in a wiki) where one could find or even upload
> his own 'response template', as I might assume that they will be very
> specific to the country's law they're issued?

Here's the (freshly updated) set of abuse complaints that reflects
what myself and a handful of others have dealt with over the past 6
months or so:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TorAbuseTemplates

Notably absent from that list is a DMCA response, but the EFF provides
one for that case:
http://tor.eff.org/eff/tor-dmca-response.html.en

--
Mike Perry