Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

John Case case at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Tue Feb 1 01:48:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, Christopher A. Lindsey wrote:

> Could it be that these nodes have set these policies to reduce the
> possibility of being approached because of illegal activity passing
> through them?  It could be they believe that they're helping with the
> project and limiting their exposure as "bad guys" wouldn't use clear
> text.

Sorry, Chris - the mob has spoken.

Further common sense - like suggesting that we have no idea what kind of
traffic flows over an open port 21/23/etc., or proposing that these may be
internal tools for specific populations that we know nothing about, will
not be useful.

But here's a snarky thought for you - what if my exit policy is:

21
23
80
110