Sent e-mails going into spam folders.

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 7 23:43:04 UTC 2011

On 2/7/2011 1:00 PM, Matthew wrote:
> I am wondering to what degree people on this list have problems with
> e-mails going into spam folders because they are using tor nodes.
>
> I refer to sending from a webmail (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc) to
> another webmail.
>
> It seems to me that e-mails sent from Yahoo will end up as spam.
>
> Any other experiences or opinions would be interesting.
Interesting that you mention that.  I have McAfee Anti-Spam running on
my Thunderbird client which happens to be configured to access several
web-mail accounts via localhost:8118 by FoxyProxy.  That ports the mail
through Polipo.  Starting in early January McAfee began diverting about
40% of good mail to the respective Spam folders. McAfee acknowledges
that there is a problem but so far they have not solved it.  They have
not examined my Thunderbird configuration nor have they even opened my
Windows Registry, so they aren't very bright.

David