torr file question...

Zaher F. the_one_man_85 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:26:44 UTC 2011

thx for ur answer but still i need help in how to fix my exitnode????
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:29:17 -0500
From: jmaplin at ufl.edu
To: or-talk at freehaven.net
Subject: Re: torr file question...

    Simply edit the torrc while both Tor and Vidalia are closed. Vidalia
    edits the torrc file when changes are made using its interface; upon
    starting up, however, I believe it gathers its parameters directly
    from the torrc. In my experience when I write a custom torrc with
    Tor and Vidalia closed, and then start Vidalia (which in turns
    starts Tor), my custom torrc is overwritten, but upon careful
    observation of the new file, it can be seen that each of my settings
    remains the same, although reordered and with added header comments.

    I do wish there was a "do not edit torrc" or "confirm before editing
    torrc" option in Vidalia, but generally the changes it makes are
    harmless. C'est la vie.

    ~Justin Aplin