dir-spec.txt and directory-signature entries

J joagre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:41:30 UTC 2011

The final entries in a consensus document are a number of directory-
signature entries.

dir-spec.txt says:

<cite>

  "directory-signature" SP identity SP signing-key-digest NL Signature

        This is a signature of the status document, with the initial item
        "network-status-version", and the signature item
        "directory-signature", using the signing key.  (In this case, we
take
        the hash through the _space_ after directory-signature, not the
        newline: this ensures that all authorities sign the same thing.)
        "identity" is the hex-encoded digest of the authority identity
key of
        the signing authority, and "signing-key-digest" is the hex-encoded
        digest of the current authority signing key of the signing
authority.

</cite>

Does that mean "The hash from the network-status-version entry to the
*first* directory-signature entry including a SP"?

Or something else? The wording in dir-spec.txt is ambigous to me.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
/Jocke