Scroogle and Tor

Jim Jimmymac at copper.net
Mon Feb 14 10:03:36 UTC 2011

scroogle at lavabit.com wrote:
> I've been fighting two different Tor users for a week. Each is
> apparently having a good time trying to see how quickly they
> can get results from Scroogle searches via Tor exit nodes.
> [snip]

As the person who (recently) raised the question about the availability
of Scroogle via Tor, I want to thank you both for running Scroogle and
for coming on this list to explain what happened.  I also apologize to
the list for not mentioning that Scroogle is once again available via
Tor.  (I discovered that and meant to publish that fact aprox. 24 hours
ago.)

You are obviously much more knowledgable about network issues than I am
so I will leave it to others to advise you about possible mitigations
for your problems.  It is a real shame about the script kiddies, but
such is the world we live in.

Jim