Yet another UDP / DNS quiestion...

Tomasz Moskal ramshackle.industries at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 14:20:40 UTC 2011

> Yes if you redirect DNS requests to Tor's DNSPort you should be safe
> against DNS leaks.

Do I have to use AutomapHostsOnResolve 1 as well? Seems to be pointless
without defining AutomapHostsSuffixes.

> I guess you are talking about a local setup without a "middlebox"
> involved. If my assumption is correct you want to refer to the
following
> section in the document:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TransparentProxy#LocalRedirectionThroughTor

Thanks for clarifying that! Now I need to read some more about iptables.
One more question: will those rules route all UDP traffic to port 53 or
just DNS requests? What will happen with UDP not relating to DNS?

--
Tomasz Moskal <ramshackle.industries at gmail.com>
Encrypted mail preferred. Key ID: 2C323C82