Sent e-mails going into spam folders.

Matthew pumpkin at cotse.net
Sat Feb 12 23:54:42 UTC 2011

On 09/02/11 09:06, Karsten N. wrote:
> Am 07.02.2011 20:00, schrieb Matthew:
>> I am wondering to what degree people on this list have problems with
>> e-mails going into spam folders because they are using tor nodes.
> Many Tor nodes are listet in some anti-spam DNSBL. We have had a
> discussion here about SORBS DNSBL some times ago. All tor nodes are
> listet in the "The Abusive Hosts Blocking List" www.ahbl.org
>
> The IP address of the tor exit node appears in the mail header. It is
> the senders IP addres.
>
> If the recipients mail provider uses a DNSBL which contains many tor
> nodes the mail will be flagged as spam.
>
> You can use a clean exit node for sending mail with SMTP. Check your
> prefered exit nodes at http://www.dnsbl.info/dnsbl-database-check.php
> If it is not listet, you can add a map address to your torrc:
>
>    MapAddress smtp.provider.tld smtp.provider.tld.$6D3EE...(Fingerprint)
>
> The GPF keeps one exit node clean from DNSBL. The tor node gpfTOR3 is
> only listet at www.ahbl.org (impossible to remove it, because all nodes
> are listet). You can use this if you did not find an other.

Thank you.  The DNSBL link was very useful.

I have checked the three GPF exit nodes and gpfTOR4 and gpfTOR6 are not
listed by any lists (including AHBL) while gpfTOR2 is only listed by
barracudacentral.org/rbl.

Incidentally, in http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/ gpfTOR4 is listed as being
in the Czech Republic while gpfTOR5 and gpfTOR6 are in Netherlands.  Is
this correct?