Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

Anders Andersson pipatron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 06:13:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:58 AM, John Case <case at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> No, there is no _technical_ reason to operate an exit in this fashion. There
> is no reason, from a myopic, borderline autistic view of the externalities
> involved, to run an exit in this fashion.
>
> However, I can think of many, many reasons to:
>
> - run a node with no contact information
> - run a node with an odd set of exits
> - run a node with plain (unencrypted) exits
> - run a node with odd (non standard port) exits

Can you please list some of the reasons for doing all of this at the
same time? Since you reply here I assume you have read the posts in
this very long thread, and Mike have already countered the given
reasons, from a non-technical perspective. It would be nice if you
could give an example that have not already been brought up, since you
seem to know some.