[tor-talk] Tor Weather reports Node Out of Date!

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Feb 24 05:11:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:56:48PM -0500, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:48:39 +0100
> Klaus Layer <klaus.layer at gmx.de> wrote:
> > although all my Tor nodes are running 0.2.1.29, I just received
> > emails from Tor Weather that they are out of date. I checked the
> > download page and with apt-get if there a new version available, but
> > I found nothing. Why does Tor Weather reports out of date ?
>
> We tagged and released 0.2.1.30 Tuesday night.  The directory
> authorities are updated, so when Tor Weather queries the version, it
> sees 0.2.1.30 > 0.2.1.29 and alerts people.  Unfortunately, we're still
> building packages for all of the OSes.

Seems like Weather should alert the user if their version is not in the
recommended versions list. It shouldn't alert the user if there exists
a version newer than their current one, yet both are in the recommended
versions list.

(I guess we could have a "mail me whenever a new version comes out"
option, but I think that's called a mailing list.)

--Roger