[tor-talk] some common ground on the gatereloaded topic

John Case case at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Tue Feb 22 23:16:14 UTC 2011

Hello Damian,

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Damian Johnson wrote:

>> That is, if I do indeed have a bizarro use case, and can't talk about it, as
>> we were arguing about, I can still use the "badexit" labeled nodes as I see
>> fit, yes ?  Or do you drop badexits out of the directory after some amount
>> of time ?
>
> Yes, it just effects the defaults. As a client you can do whatever you
> want. This was discussed almost a month back in this thread.
> http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Feb-2011/msg00013.html
>
> Relevant snippet:
> Despite its name, the BadExit flag really isn't a big whoop - the
> relays are still perfectly usable for guard and middle hop positions.
> They just aren't seeing exit traffic any longer.

Yes, I understood that - and I see that that is the default.  What I want
to confirm is, can I change to a non-default configuration and continue to
use those nodes _as exits_ if I choose to ?

Thanks.