[tor-talk] browser with best privacy without using Tornetwork

hmoh at Safe-mail.net hmoh at Safe-mail.net
Sat Dec 24 16:19:36 UTC 2011

> Can anyone using a particular hardened browser post their panopticlick data?
> http://panopticlick.eff.org

Damn it! That's really bad...

I am thankful about this test site. It's public knowledge. As I imagine the leading companies may have an increased interest in tracking people who turn off cookies, flashcookies, and so on. It's a help to get those things fixed.

What this page demonstrates is maybe already or will be soon the state of the art.

And I am very disappointed about Mozilla Firefox and Tor Browser. Mozilla does not seam to have put much effort into it and Tor Browser does also not appear very random. User Agent and HTTP_ACCEPT Headers are not very common.

Tor Browser might hide the ip but when visiting some website twice, even after restart TBB, they may always know it's the same person.