[tor-talk] Automatic vulnerability scanning of Tor Network?

Chris tmail299 at errtech.com
Tue Dec 20 23:08:23 UTC 2011

> Up to that point I hadn't thought of pranks as unethical behavior or
> an abuse of trust..  but I realized that he was right.
>
> I guess that's my answer to "but everyone else is doing it."  It's not
> your server, you do not have permission to scan their machine.  The
> people that deserve respect will get permission first.  The people
> that don't, won't.

This is far from the same thing. One is a place of work, rules, and
security. The other is an unregulated, unsociable, without a single set of
ethics place. You shouldn't be required (it can't be enforced anyway) to
abide by any set of ethics. The security you have is of your accord. If
you are attacked it is your problem. Nobody else. It is why it is so
important that you take responsibility for your own security and suffer
any consequences from the lack of it.