[tor-talk] tails on Microsoft Virtual PC

John Case case at SDF.ORG
Sun Dec 4 17:21:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Eugen Leitl wrote:

>> On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>>
>>> I've just tried tails in a Microsoft PC VM and it's quite nice.
>>> Anyone knows how to switch the screen resolution, as the default
>>> debian doesn't seem to know the virtual hardware?
>>

>> Hmm... in recent vmware, I simply choose:
>>
>> System > Preferences > Monitors
>>
>> and it "just works".  That's not the case in Virtual PC ?
>
> I guess I have to move to VMWare player, then. I didn't want
> to add a yet another virtualization system, since I already
> have the XP Mode activated. It seems it's possible to migrate
> the existing images via VMWare converter so I'll just do that.

In my case I don't have any images, nor anything to migrate, etc. - I just
create a new instance every time there is a new tails iso released.

I guess I have to tell it how much memory and how much disk space (0.1 GB)
to allocate, and give it the location of the ISO, but that's it.